Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Target.com is missing my order!

I do a lot of online shopping (shockingly, shopping with 3 kids under 6 in a store isn't a whole lot of fun). I have mostly good experiences, however I'm getting frustrated with target.com right now. I ordered a "bumbo seat" for my enormous baby 3 weeks ago. When I placed the order, I was promised delivery by the end of the month, which I was ok with, although it would have been nice if it was marked out of stock or on back order on the website (I see now that they've added availibility information). Last week I finally got a shipping confirmation, but I was concerned because the ups tracking information never got past "billing information received". When the ups tracking info hadn't changed a few days after the package was allegedly shipped, I sent an email to target.com asking about the discrepancy. I suspect the reply I got was computer generated-- it just repeated the information on my shipping confirmation email, including giving me my ups tracking number again. UPS still claims not to have received my package.

Yesterday was the day my package was supposed to arrive, according to the most recent estimate from target.com. I sent a second email today, using their "you didn't answer my question" link in the previous email. Hopefully I'll merit having a human being look at my problem and I can either get my package ASAP or just cancel the darn order and get my baby seat from a smaller retailer that's a little more responsive to their customers.

No comments: